- A producer company is a body corporate registered as Producer Company under Companies Act and shall carry on or relate to any of following activities classified broadly as follow:
- Production, harvesting, processing, procurement, grading, pooling, handling, marketing, selling, export of primary produce of the Members or import of goods or services for their benefit.
- Rendering technical services, consultancy services, training, education, research and development and all other activities for the promotion of the interests of its Members.
- Generation, transmission and distribution of power, revitalization of land and water resources, their use, conservation and communications relatable to primary produce.
- Promoting mutual assistance, welfare measures, financial services, insurance of producers or their primary produce.
- Tax benefits
- Credit facilities
- Loans and advances from NABARD